How to get my website on the internet is a question many business owners ask. In this post we’re going to tell you step by step how to do just that.
How To Get My Website On The Internet And In Front Of Customers
One of the biggest questions that many people don’t quite understand the answer to is how to get a website on the internet. In this post we will go over, step by step, how to list your website online and get it on the internet and in front of your customer base.
Getting A Website Online Step By Step Guide
Now when you’re trying to get a website online and in front of potential customers, there are a few important phases in the process. Many people begin their search in trying to answer their question how to get my website on the internet after they already have a website. Others may begin the process and not actually have a website at all. In this post we will explain everything to you
First Step: Purchase A Domain.
The first step to getting your website online and on the internet is actually purchasing a domain (and of course building your website). Your domain is the address at which your website will be hosted excluding the http or https prefix. A URL, on the otherhand, is the complete address of the website. Take a look at the image below to better understand the difference between the two.
Now many people reading this blog post may not yet have a domain. And we’re going to run through all of the tips and tricks for purchasing your domain so that your website can own some precious real estate on the internet.
Some Tips For Purchasing A Domain
- Purchase your domain from a domain provider such as GoDaddy
- Your domain can be your brand name, but it doesn’t have to be
- You can use an “exact match domain” to help you show up for desired keywords
- Decide if you want to purchase domain privacy protection. It’s a few extra bucks but provides additional benefits!
- Purchase the domain yourself! Don’t let a web design agency make the purchase for you. You want to own the domain and if the web design agency owns it you will likely lose your site if you choose to cancel services with them.
Second Step: Get Hosting.
The next phase of getting your website online is to get hosting for the domain. Many domain providers such as GoDaddy offer WordPress hosting too. Many sites such as Wix and Squarespace host your site and provide domain registration. Deciding if you want to choose a professional service or settle with hosting through a platform such as GoDaddy is really your call.
Here Are A Few Tips For Choosing Web Hosting
- If you are planning to hire a web design or marketing agency to help get your company online, get hosting recommendations from them
- If you are planning to design and develop your website on your own, ease of use and customer service should be your number one priority
- Find out if an SSL certificate is included or if it’s extra
- Learn if the hosting company can help you connect your domain to hosting if you are doing it on your own and what the fees are associated with that
- Inquire about having a professional email and if one is offered for free with either your domain purchase or hosting
Some Of My Favorite Hosting Providers
Here are some of my favorite hosting providers:
Third Step: Build Your Website
The third step to get your business on the internet is to build your website. Now if you have absolutely no funds to do this, and if you have a Google My Business listing, Google does offer a free website for its users. If you choose to go this route, you will not be buying a domain or hosting, so you can bypass the first and second steps.
When it comes to building a website, you should keep a few things in mind:
- Hire a great web design agency that will also be implementing SEO practices into the development of your website
- Don’t skimp on your website if you can afford it!
- Make sure your graphic design elements and branding are all cohesive and on all channels and platforms
- Treat your website as your brand identity
- Make sure you have the information your customers may be looking for on your website
Fourth Step: Increase Your Online Presence
The next phase and the final phase of the process is getting your website to show up at appropriate times for potential buyers. Now, technically speaking, your website was officially on the internet once you purchased your domain and connected it to the hosting. Here’s what it may have looked like (below).
Here’s what a blank website looks like if you’re using WordPress:
However, most people want their website to look good and be searchable. To actually show up on the internet for a desired keyword or key phrase, you need to work with an SEO agency who can do that for you. Bizmap LLC is an SEO agency in both NY and NJ that can increase and improve your online presence. You can contact them here for a free SEO analysis. In addition, you can read these articles to learn more about SEO and what it actually is and how it can help your business get online:
Conclusion: How To Get My Website On The Internet
Now you probably have an answer to the question you asked us – how to get my website on the internet. We hope with a little work, you will invest in your company and hire an agency that will get your business online in a way that will give you free leads for many years to come.
Companies such as Bizmap LLC and do that for you and more. Take a look at their services here and call them when you have the chance. All of their services are designed to get your business website online and in front of potential customers.
How to get my website on the internet should now be a question of the past!